Webinar Training: the Fundamentals of Advocating to End Extreme Poverty
RESULTS Canada is hosting an ‘’advocacy 101’’ training session for anyone interested in learning more about how to influence decision makers and create international change around issues connected to extreme poverty.
The session will explore the fundamental principles of advocacy as well as the opportunity posed by the upcoming federal election campaign to shed light on international development solutions and the need to prioritize the ones that reaches the world’s poorest to end extreme poverty.
People wanting to expand their skill-set and knowledge, curious, eager to learn and use concrete advocacy techniques to be a change-maker for the world’ poorest.
With this practical training, participants will:
- Have more confidence in the power of their voice to create global change;
- Have access to an advocacy toolkit and gain experience with concrete exercises;
- Be able to use the opportunity of the upcoming federal election to advocate around issue to end extreme poverty;
- Be inspired by discussing with and learning from other people interested in taking action to build a better world;
- Receive a certificate of completion, once the requirements of the training, including an example of advocacy action, have been successfully completed.
The training session will be hosted on June 16th from 7-9pm (EST) on our webinar platform. You will need Internet access and a phone in order to participate in the session.
The session will be hosted in English with some French translation if required. Participants will be able to express themselves in either language.
The training is free. Places are limited. Reservation are required by June 11th.
For more info or to RSVP, contact: [email protected]