RESULTS Canada is the leading national grassroots advocacy organization committed to ending extreme poverty. Through our national network of volunteers, we are committed to creating the political will to end global poverty, and to demonstrating that everyday citizens that they can make a difference when they raise their voice to advocate for change.
We are seeking to hire a Communications Advisor to support the work of the Communications & Outreach team to drive conversation about advocacy and increase volunteer engagement.
- Create relevant, easy-to-understand, relatable content for the Results Canada website, social media accounts and communications tools including reports, blog and newsletter
- Review texts in both languages (EN and FR) and do translation, if possible
- Develop text on social involvement and international issues related to Results Canada
- Support the creation of public engagement tools and communications materials
- Support the implementation of strategies for volunteer outreach and engagement
- Support monitoring and evaluating volunteer activities
- Other duties as required
Canada Summer Jobs requires that applicants be students aged between 15 and 30 and be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
- Studies linked to public engagement, communications, international development or a related field
- Excellent ability to write, edit and proofread with strong presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to multi-task and work as part of a team and on their own
- Experience working in international development and/or a volunteer organization
- Experience working in an organization that prioritizes advocacy and/or public engagement
- Experience with website development and/or content generation for website
- Experience with social media strategies to support outreach efforts
- Graphic design skills , photography skills, video or video editing skills
- Knowledge of online platforms such as Google docs, Constant Contact, Donorperfect
- Professional proficiency in both French and English; bilingual strongly preferred
Applications should include your resume and cover letter explaining why the position interests you and how your skills and experience make you a suitable candidate. This is a full time (35 hours per week) 8-week term position. Please email your application by June 4, 2019 to [email protected] and please include the title of the position (Communications Advisor) in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
RESULTS Canada is committed to diversity and equity around the globe and in our workplace. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require.