Join our dedicated team of staff and volunteers and help make change possible.
We are seeking a Campaigns Officer to lead on our policy advocacy on child health. This position will report to the Campaigns Director and is a 8 month term to fill a maternity leave.
- Develop and contribute to educational and advocacy campaigns that drive advances in child health and survival globally
- Stay up-to-date on key developments linked to child health and child survival globally, with an emphasis on immunizations, nutrition and WASH
- Monitor, research and analyze Government of Canada programs and financing, as well as multilateral instruments, programs and financing
- Develop policy briefs, and other written or digital materials as needed, to inform RC’s grassroots advocacy network, the general public, decision-makers and parliamentarians, about high- impact, low-cost poverty solutions
- Coordinate RC’s role within broad coalitions and assist stakeholders in aligning policy and moving towards action
- Research and write web content, blog posts, or media pieces
- Contribute to RC’s social media strategy, by supporting the communications team in content creation and amplification
- Support or coordinate RC’s engagement in events, or other special projects, that advance advocacy objectives
- Represent RESULTS Canada at international conferences or events
- Track and monitor progress of projects and campaigns, set milestones and report on deliverables
- Minimum BA in international development/affairs, public policy, public health, political science or other related field
- Experience in driving or supporting advocacy campaigns in Canada or globally
- Knowledge of global health architecture, with an emphasis on organizations or instruments that intersect with child health (i.e. WHA, UNICEF, GAVI, etc)
- Experience in strategy development – from design to implementation (either alone or as part of a team)
- Excellent organizational skills, goal-oriented and proactive
- Proven communications, writing and presentation skills
- Strong research and policy analysis skills
- Experience working with parliamentarians or in government relations is an asset
- Bilingual in English and French is a strong asset
Applications should include your resume and cover letter explaining why the position interests you and how your skills and experience make you are a suitable candidate. This is a full-time permanent position based in Ottawa, Canada.
Work perks include:
- Flexible work hours
- Domestic and international travel opportunities
- Professional development
- Generous paid vacation
- Benefits package.
Please email your application by June 21st to [email protected], and please include the title of the position (Campaigns Officer) in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
We value people that are efficient and inspiring to the team that surrounds them. We are an organization that is compassionate about people living in poverty as well as those that work and volunteer with us. We are genuine about wanting the recognition on those we empower, so if you are a positive person and have the energy and assertiveness to help everyday people take action to end extreme poverty, we would love for you to join us.
RESULTS Canada is committed to diversity and equity around the globe and in our workplace. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require.