RESULTS Canada is Seeking Leaders to Join our Board of Directors
RESULTS Canada is a high-impact citizens’ advocacy organization committed to the vision that a world without extreme poverty is possible. We advocate for resources and for policies that improve the health, education and economic opportunities of people living in poverty globally.
Call for Applications
RESULTS Canada is recruiting Board Members who share this vision, who understand the power of everyday citizens to make a difference, and who are clear in their conviction that change is possible.
To complement our current Board, we are seeking Directors with skills, experience, and a proven track record in the one or more of the following areas:
- Digital engagement and public outreach
- Branding and communications
- Finance and accounting
- Resource mobilization
- Human resources
RESULTS Canada has the following basic expectations of Directors:
- Know and support the mission of the organization
- Attend board meetings regularly and prepare for meetings in advance
- Participate in board working groups and committees
- Maintain confidentiality
- Offer informed and impartial guidance. Avoid special agendas and declare any conflicts of interest
- Support the Executive Director
- Support resource development and fundraising efforts
- Participate in RESULTS Canada initiated events and campaigns
- Promote the organization in the community and serve as a link with members, donors, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders
If you are interested in thinking big, in making a meaningful contribution to the world, and in taking on a constructive leadership role as part of our Board of Directors, please send a brief letter of application along with your resume by March 31, 2019, to [email protected] with ‘Board Application’ in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please clarify the reason for your interest, evidence of demonstrated leadership in your professional or volunteer history, any experience you have as a Board member or in a leadership position, and your qualifications in one or more of the areas outlined above.